Thursday, March 17, 2016
Characteristics of Acetate Rayon :
1. Feel natural and is gentle on the skin.
2. Elegant gloss and chromogenic quality.
3. Drapes lightly and flexibly.
4. Ideal water absorption and quick-drying qualities.
5. Does not shrink easily, so provides stability for dimensions and
6. No worries of pilling.
7. Measurements. Relatively high temperature range for safe ironing.
8. Does not stain easily, and stains are easy to remove.
Nylon is a generic designation for a family of synthetic polymers known generically as aliphatic polyamides. Nylon is one of the most commonly used polymers. Example : Nylon 6.
1. Variation of luster : nylon has the ability to be very lustrous, semilustrous or dull.
2. High elongation
3. Highly resilient (nylon fabrics are heat-set)
4. paved the way for easy-care garments
5. High resistance to insects, fungi., animals, as well as molds, mildew, rot many chemicals.
6. Melts instead of burning.
7. Good specific strength
Production of nylon :
Nylon are condensation copolymers formed by reacting equal parts of a diamine and a dicarboxylic acid, so that amides are formed at both ends of each monomer in a process analogous to polypeptide biopolymers. A compound has an acid at one end and an amine at the other and is polymerized to from a chain with repeating unites of (-NH-[CH2]n-CO-)x.
Tow molecules of water are given off and the nylon is formed. Its properties are determined by the R and R' groups in the monomers.
To be Continue........